WSN baseball begins MondayPublished 8:46am Monday, February 18, 2013
W.S. Neal will begin their season on Monday, Feb. 18 with their Eagle Classic. The Classic will be played Feb. 18-23 and will see Northview, Excel, Flomaton, Clarke County, Opp, and Monroe County joining the Eagles.
W.S. Neal’s first away game will be their fifth game of the year when they travel to Jackson to take on Citronelle on Monday, Feb. 25.
The Eagles baseball team will play 25 games with 10 being home and 15 on the road.
W.S. Neal’s home slate includes visits from Excel, Clarke County, Opp, Monroe County, Saint Paul, T.R. Miller, Cottage Hill, Flomaton, Northview and Bayside.
Along with the Eagle Classic, W.S. Neal will play in the Escambia County Tournament in Flomaton. The tournament starts Thursday, Feb. 28 and will be played on Friday, March 1 and Saturday, March 2.
The JV Eagles–who will play 21 games with 11 being home and 10 on the road— will host a home tournament on Saturday, March 9.
T.R. Miller, Bayside Academy and Cottage Hill will all be area games for the Eagles this season as they drop down to 3A.
Area games for the Eagles will see one game played between the two teams at one team’s field followed by a doubleheader the next day at the other team’s field.
The Eagles went 23-12 last season and advanced to the second round of the AHSAA class 4A state playoffs for the first time since the 1990 season, but was eliminated by the UMS-Wright Bulldogs.
The Eagles-who won their area championship last year— defeated Saraland in three games in round one at home and advanced to the two-time defending state champion Bulldogs. After splitting a doubleheader in the first two games of the best of three series, the Eagles lost the third and deciding game to see their season end.
Along with Campbell, other Eagle baseball coaches include Robbie Grace, Howard Joyner and Daniel Hodge.
Here is the complete schedule for the Eagles:
• Monday, Feb. 18, Excel, Home, 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, Feb. 19, Clarke County, Home 6 p.m.
• Thursday, Feb. 21, Opp, Home, 4 p.m., JV
• Saturday, Feb. 23, Monroe County, Home, 1 p.m.
• Monday, Feb. 25, Citronelle, Away-Jackson, 4 p.m.
• Tuesday, Feb. 26, Greenville, Home, 4 p.m., JV (DH)
• Thursday, Feb. 28, Excel, Away, 4 p.m. JV (DH)
• Thursday, Feb. 28, T.R. Miller, Away-Flomaton, 6:30 p.m.
• Friday, March 1, Flomaton, Away-Flomaton, 6:30 p.m.
• Saturday, March 2, Atmore, Away-Flomaton, noon
• Tuesday, March 5, St. Paul, Home, 4 p.m., JV/Varsity
• Saturday, March 9, W.S. Neal JV Tournament, TBA
• Monday, March 11, T.R. Miller, Home, 4 p.m., JV (DH)
• Thursday, March 14, Flomaton, Away, 4 p.m., JV/Varsity
• Friday, March 15, Monroe County, Away, 4 p.m., JV/Varsity
• Monday, March 18, T.R. Miller, Away, 4 p.m., JV (DH)
• Thursday, March 21, Northview, Away, 4 p.m. JV (DH)
• Friday, March 22, Cottage Hill, Away, 5 p.m.
• Saturday, March 23, Cottage Hill, Home, noon, (DH)
• Monday, March 25, Straughn, Away-Opp, 12:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, March 26, Opp, Away, 10 a.m.
• Tuesday, March 26, Andalusia, Away-Opp, 3 p.m.
• Monday, April 1, Greenville, Away, 4 p.m. JV (DH)
• Tuesday, April 2, Monroe County, Home, 4 p.m., JV/Varsity
• Thursday, April 4, T.R. Miller, Away, 5 p.m.
• Friday, April 5, T.R. Miller, Home, 4 p.m. (DH)
• Monday, April 8, Flomaton, Home, 4 p.m. JV/Varsity
• Tuesday, April 9, Northview, Home, 4 p.m., JV (DH)
• Thursday, April 11, Bayside Academy, Home, 5 p.m.
• Friday, April 12, Bayside Academy, Away, 4 p.m. (DH)
• Monday, April 15, Tate (Pensacola), Away, 6:30 p.m.