Holiday kickoff plans announcedPublished 3:16pm Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Are you ready to do a little Christmas shopping?
Area merchants are gearing up for the annual Holiday Kickoff, to be held from 4 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 21.
Local stores will have everything from food to entertainment — along with some great deals.
And Santa Claus himself will be riding up on a fire truck that afternoon before settling in for photos at The L House.
Here are some of the activities planned so far:
• Antigone’s will have 25 percent off, refreshments and Christmas carolers
• Bonehead Boots will have 10 percent off Carhartt, Western boots and children’s boots; door prizes; elves handing out candy canes with specials attached; refreshments; and free gift wrapping
• The Changing Seasons will have a sidewalk sale, refreshments, a Christmas basket door prize and 20 percent off storewide
• David’s Catfish House will be serving gumbo at The L House
• Jus Do will have 20 percent off storewide
• NDI Cracked Pot will have 10 percent off NDI outlet prices and 25 percent off Christmas accessories; and door prizes
• Southern Heirlooms will have storewide sales, refreshments and a performance by the Brewton Dance Studio Twirlstars at 7 p.m.
• Thou Art will have 20 percent off storewide and refreshments
• The Treasure Chest will have 20 percent off storewide; refreshments; and chances to win a gift basket
• Walgreens will have prize drawings and refreshments
• Weaver’s will have 20 percent off storewide; 20 to 30 percent off jewelry; 20 to 50 perent off clothing; refreshments; door prizes and free gift wrapping
• Douglas Square Shopping Center will have sidewalk sales at AT&T, Farmer’s Home Furniture, Goody’s and Verizon, along with registration for four $125 gift certificates that can be redeemed at those stores.