Holiday Kickoff offers Brewton salesPublished 2:47pm Thursday, November 21, 2013
Santa will arrive in style Thursday as Brewton stores kick off the holiday shopping season.
Perched atop a fire truck — his traditional mode of transportation while in Brewton — Santa will drive up to downtown businesses and take a stroll along the boardwalk at 4 p.m. before settling in to greet children and take photos at the L House, said Judy Crane, director of the Brewton Area Chamber of Commerce, which is sponsoring Thursday’s kickoff.
Stores participating in the 4 to 8 p.m. event will have everything from food to entertainment — along with some great deals.
Crane said stores all over town — from those on the boulevard on U.S. 31 to downtown merchants to Douglas Avenue businesses — will be participating.
“That was our goal, to try to include the whole town,” she said.
A choir will be singing Christmas carols on the boardwalk, more singers will be in front of Antigone’s and baton twirlers will perform at Southern Heirlooms. Pig Daddy’s will also be on the boardwalk selling
Here are some of the activities planned so far:
• Antigone’s will have 25 percent off, refreshments and Christmas carolers
• Art Loft will have handmade gifts and art, along with refreshments and giveaways
• Bonehead Boots will have 10 percent off Carhartt, Western boots and children’s boots; door prizes; elves handing out candy canes with specials attached; refreshments; and free gift wrapping
• Brewton Area YMCA will have an open house and membership drive with refreshments from 4 to 8 p.m.
• The Changing Seasons will have a sidewalk sale, refreshments, a Christmas basket door prize and 20 percent off storewide
• Comfort Care Hospice will hold a bake sale outside The Dot Shop, with proceeds benefitting the Yancey Jernigan Foundation.
• David’s Catfish House will be serving gumbo at The L House
• Donut Delite will be open until 8 p.m.
• Jus Do will have 20 percent off storewide
• The L House will have Santa photos from 4:30 to 8 p.m., as well as the Civic League selling cookbooks downstairs while David’s sells gumbo.
• NDI Cracked Pot will have 10 percent off NDI outlet prices and 25 percent off Christmas accessories; and door prizes
• Southern Heirlooms will have storewide sales, refreshments and a performance by the Brewton Dance Studio Twirlstars at 7 p.m.
• Thou Art will have 20 percent off storewide and refreshments
• The Treasure Chest will have 20 percent off storewide; refreshments; and chances to win a gift basket
• Walgreens will have prize drawings and refreshments
• Weaver’s will have 20 percent off storewide; 20 to 30 percent off jewelry; 20 to 50 perent off clothing; refreshments; door prizes and free gift wrapping
• Douglas Square Shopping Center will have sidewalk sales at AT&T, Farmer’s Home Furniture, Goody’s and Verizon, along with registration for two gift certificates that can be redeemed at those stores.