Online media expert coming to BrewtonPublished 9:44am Monday, March 24, 2014
Facebook. Pinterest. Instagram. Google.
Those hot button words are sure to garner a response, and if you’re a local businessperson, The Brewton Standard can show you how those words – and others – can get customers in your doors and dollars in your cash register.
“Most people can’t pick up their cellphone or open their browser without taking a second to glance at their Facebook page, right?” asked Stephanie Nelson, Standard publisher. “Why not put those glances to work growing your business?”
To help local business owners do just that, The Standard has partnered with The Blinder Group for a presentation on Tues., March 25, from 8 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. at the Brewton Chamber of Commerce.
Mike Blinder, owner of The Blinder Group and author of “Survival Selling,” will be the guest speaker for the breakfast presentation.
Blinder’s company has put more than 50,000 businesses online through their media partners. His content is easy to understand and includes:
• how the Internet works in easy-to-understand terms;
• who is online locally and if they are your customers;
• how search engines like Google and Yahoo work;
• Facebook and other social networking sites and using it to find new customers;
• how to be found when people search online for your product or service;
• how to improve your own website’s performance with three easy-to-implement ideas; and,
• how do you track what people are saying about you online?
“We are pleased to offer this opportunity to the local business community,” Nelson said. “Digital marketing is a concept that overwhelms many of us. Mike Blinder is an expert.
“We ask that anyone interested in attending pre-register, so we’ll know how to prepare for breakfast,” she said.
To register, call Lisa Tindell or Stephanie Nelson at 251.867.4876 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.