Neal tennis improves but TRM gets victory
Published 10:49 am Wednesday, March 17, 2004
By By BRUCE HIXON Sports Editor
Just like the first time they met, T.R. Miller won seven of nine boys and girls tennis matches against W.S. Neal Monday.
"These matches were a lot more competitive than the first time we played. One of the boys singles matches went three sets and two of the boys doubles matches went to tiebreakers. Most of the girls matches were also good battles although some of the scores may not indicate that," W.S. Neal coach Kraig Rittenhouse said.
T.R. Miller (2-1), which hosted Andalusia Tuesday, is off until March 30 when it travels to Opp for a 4:30 p.m. match. W.S. Neal (0-3) hosts Opp March 29 at 4 p.m.
1. Hayes Martin (TRM) def. Alphonso Gross (WSN) 6-1, 6-1
2. Rhett Joyner (TRM) def. Brett Chancery (WSN) 6-3, 6-1
3. Kris Andrews (WSN) def. Stephen Neal (TRM) 6-2, 6-3
4. Mitchell McMillan (TRM) def. Alan Wallace (WSN) 6-2, 7-5
5. Karl Kast (TRM) def. James Kitchens (WSN) 6-0, 4-6, 6-1
6. Logan Rush (TRM) def. Daniel Hiers (WSN) 6-3, 6-0
1. Martin and Joyner (TRM) def. Gross and Chancery (WSN) 10-4
2. Andrews and Wallace (WSN) def. Neal and McMillan (TRM) 11-10
3. Bracken and Rush (TRM) def. Kitchens and Bordayo (WSN) 11-10
1. Catherine Stokes (TRM) def. Tawnya Henry (WSN) 6-0, 6-1
2. Grace Miller (TRM) def. Jullian Crutchfield (WSN) 6-3, 6-4
3. Kara Smith (TRM) def. Kara Scurlock (WSN) 6-0, 6-3
4. Leah Crawford (TRM) def. Charity Thompson (WSN) 5-0
5. Maggie Crutchfield (WSN) def. Natalie Sherrer (TRM) 6-4, 6-1
6. Melissa Padgett (TRM) def. Christina Beckwith (WSN) 6-1, 6-4
1. Stokes and Miller (TRM) def. Henry and J. Crutchfield (WSN) 10-6
2. M. Crutchfield and Scurlock (WSN) def. Smith and Crawford (TRM) 10-3
3. Padgett and Sherrer (TRM) def. Jessica Madsen and Beckwith (WSN) 10-2