TRM sets homecoming activities
Along with their football game Friday night against Montgomery Catholic, the T.R. Miller Tigers have planned other events throughout the week.
Thursday, the Tigers have planned for their Tiger Talk radio show to be an “open mic” show.
“We will have Tiger Talk from 5:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. and any former Tigers are encouraged to come by and share about their time as a T.R. Miller Tiger,” Tiger Talk radio host David Jennings said. “Also Thursday night, we will have our annual M Club meeting from 7:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. at the auditorium. Final plans for the game activities will be discussed along with former Tigers that will be in town to come by the meeting. All former football players are strongly encouraged to attend this meeting.”
Friday afternoon, Jennings said the M Club will hold a tailgate party and the Tiger radio broadcast team will have a live remote at the event.
“We will have a remote set up behind the field house and people are encouraged to come tailgate,” Jennings said. “Classmates can come tell stories. The tailgate will not provide food, but people are encouraged to bring their own food and join us for the tailgate. After the tailgate, the M Club hospitality room will be set up in the field house form 5:30 p.m. until kickoff and former players and their families are encouraged to attend.”
Here is a full schedule of the events planned this week:
– Tiger Talk at 5:30 p.m. from The Oak’s Cafe
– 6:30 p.m. Team Supper Provided by Parents at TRM Lunchroom
– 7:30 p.m. First Annual M Club Homecoming Meeting
– 8 a.m.- 9:30 a.m. Alumni groups should bring their floats to the front of the high school in preparation for the parade.
– 10:30 a.m.- 11:30 a.m. Alumni reception in front of the band room
– 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Lunch
– 1 p.m. Pep rally at the gym
– 2 p.m. Parade leaves the school
– 3 p.m. Parade begins in downtown Brewton
– 4 p.m.-6 p.m. M Club Tailgate behind the TRM Field house. All M Club members, TRM alumni and fans are encouraged to come out and enjoy the afternoon. The TRM radio broadcast team will bring you entertainment as they do a remote broadcast. During this time we will have guests from all eras come up and talking about their days at TRM and relive some of the past. This is a BYOT (Bring your own Tailgate) event. The M Club has organized the entertainment and hope that you will join them for the afternoon.
– 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m. M Club hospitality room will be open for M Club members to come and grab some food before the Homecoming football game.
– 6:30 p.m. Pregame show at the stadium, Homecoming court and Alumni classes will be recognized.
– 7 p.m. Kickoff T.R. Miller vs. Montgomery Catholic