IT’S WSN HOMECOMING TIME
Schedule of events released; time left for parade entries
W.S. Neal will celebrate homecoming on Fri., Sept. 25. Advanced tickets for the game will be on sale through 11 a.m. Friday in the front office for $5.
A schedule of events for Friday is as follows:
• 8 a.m. – noon: parade floats in place
• 9 a.m.: alumni room opens
• 10 a.m.: alumni pep rally
• 11:40 a.m.: elementary school dismisses;
• 11:45 a.m.: middle school dismisses;
• noon: high school dismisses;
• 12:30 p.m.: floats line up;
• 1 p.m.: parade starts;
• 6:25 p.m.: homecoming pregame ceremony begins; and,
• 7 p.m.: kickoff.
Float requirements are:
• floats and/or trailers must be less than 25 feet;
• floats must be at the school before noon on homecoming day to get lined up for the parade; and,
• only alumni will be able to ride/pull tractor trailers. A copy of a current driver’s license and proof of insurance will be required.
The parade will leave WSN traveling south on Andrew Jackson Street. Turn right on U.S. Hwy. 29 and travel to intersection with U.S. Hwy. 41. Turn right on Highway 41 and continue north on Highway 41 to Super Foods and the plaza. Turn right on Snowden Street.
The walking units will disband in the rear of Super Foods. These groups should have transportation waiting for them behind Super Foods. The floats will proceed on Snowden Street and turn left onto Ridge Road. They will follow Ridge Road to Schad Street. Turn right on Schad Street to Grantham Street. Turn right on Grantham Street to Daily Street. Turn right on Daily Street to Travis Street. Turn left on Travis Street and proceed to the rear of the high school.
This route will keep the floats off Highways 29 and 41 on the return route so traffic can flow freely after the parade. All turns are suitable for large trucks and trailers. When the floats return to WSNHS, all trash should be placed in the dumpster located behind the gym.