Online media expert coming to Brewton StandardPublished 2:38pm Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Mike Blinder, owner of The Blinder Group and author of “Survival Selling,” will be the guest speaker at a meeting hosted by The Brewton Standard on Tuesday, Nov. 6.
Blinder’s company has put more than 50,000 businesses online through their media partners. His content is easy to understand and includes:
• How the Internet works in easy-to-understand terms.
• Who is online locally and if they are your customers.
• How search engines like Google and Yahoo work.
• Facebook (social networking) and using it to find new customers
• How to be found when people search online for your product or service.
• How to improve your own website’s performance with three easy-to-implement ideas.
• How do you track what people are saying about you online?
“We are pleased to offer this opportunity to the local business community,” Brewton Standard publisher Kerry Bean said. “Digital marketing is a concept that overwhelms many of us. Mike Blinder is an expert.”
The event is set for 4 p.m. at the Alabama Technology Network building at Jefferson Davis Community College.
“We ask that anyone interested in attending pre-register, so we’ll know how many refreshments to prepare,” Bean said.
In addition to lunch, The Brewton Standard is providing copies of Blinder’s book to those who attend who are interested.
Business owners may register online at www.LocalMediaWorkshops.com, by e-mailing Amy Booker at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling the office at 867-4876.