Local organizations can apply for food and shelter fundingPublished 1:04pm Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Escambia County, Ala., has been awarded federal funds under the Emergency Food and Shelter National Program for 2013.
Escambia County has been chosen to receive $ 13,397 to supplement Emergency Food and Shelter programs in the county. A local board will determine how the funds are to be distributed among local emergency food and shelter agencies in the county.
Local organizations chosen to receive funds must:
– Be private voluntary non-profit or units of government.
– Have an accounting system.
– Practice nondiscrimination.
– Have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs.
– If they are a private voluntary organization, they must have a voluntary board.
– Applicants must submit documentation of recipients receiving services.
– Agree to an audit.
– Provide a DUNS number and associated information.
Applicants interested in participating should contact David Adams at the Emergency Management Agency, 867-0232 or P. O. Box 848, Brewton, Alabama 36427 or Mae Downing at 867-2358 or P. O. Box 955, Brewton, Alabama 36427.
Applications must be submitted by Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2013, in writing. The local board will meet in the Escambia County Operations Center, Room 109 of the courthouse on Friday, Nov. 8, 2013, at noon to allocate these funds.