Weather service: Ice could remain through WednesdayPublished 7:03pm Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Ice is expected to remain on the ground through much of Wednesday, as temperatures barely make it above freezing, according to the National Weather Service.
Here’s the highlights from the NWS’ evening briefing:
• A hard freeze is expected Wednesday night with lower to middle teens in most inland areas and near 20 at the coast.
• Wind chills Tuesday night and Wednesday night will be in the single digits.
• Patchy black ice is expected again Wednesday night.
• A mix of sleet and snow will continue to fall in Escambia County through Tuesday evening, although it looks like it will remain mostly sleet and freezing rain.
• An additional 2 inches of sleet and snow could accumulate in the east Escambia County area through 6 a.m. Wednesday.