TRM volleyball to host summer play-date Thursday, July 31Published 12:30pm Friday, July 11, 2014
For the second straight year, T.R. Miller’s volleyball will hold their summer play-date at Brewton Middle School’s gyms. This year’s play-date will be held Thursday, July 31.
Nine varsity teams, eight junior varsity teams and three middle school teams will play on three different courts in a day filled with summer volleyball games.
Varsity teams will include T.R. Miller, Excel, Jay, Straughn, Andalusia, Flomaton, W.S. Neal, Northview, and Pleasant Home. JV teams will be all the varsity teams, minus Jay.
Middle school teams will be Brewton Middle School, W.S. Neal Middle School, and Andalusia Middle School.
All varsity teams will play three games. Jay’s varsity team will play four games. All JV and middle school teams will play two games.
Action will begin at 9 a.m. and will conclude with the final game set for 5 p.m. The main court at Brewton Middle School will see action and will be court one for the day while court two will be the PE gym while the second PE gym at BMS will be court three.
All games will be best two-of-three format.
The PE gyms at BMS have no seating so those planning to attend games on those courts are asked to bring chairs to sit in. Game times will be moved up if previous game finishes early.
T.R. Miller will begin their 2014 volleyball season on Thursday, Aug. 28 at Flomaton.
Here is the complete schedule for the day for court one (main gym):
• 9 a.m., T.R. Miller varsity vs. Pleasant Home
• 10 a.m., Northview varsity vs. Straughn
• 11 a.m., Jay varsity vs. Pleasant Home
• noon, T.R. Miller varsity vs. Straughn
• 1 p.m., Jay varsity vs. Flomaton
• 2 p.m., T.R. Miller JV vs. W.S. Neal
• 3 p.m., Brewton MS vs. W.S. Neal
• 4 p.m., Flomaton varsity vs. Excel
• 5 p.m., T.R. Miller varsity vs. W.S. Neal
Here is the complete schedule for the day for court two (PE gym):
• 9 a.m., Flomaton varsity vs. Andalusia
• 10 a.m., T.R. Miller JV vs. Straughn
• 11 a.m., Andalusia JV vs. Excel
• noon, Andalusia varsity vs. Excel
• 1 p.m., W.S. Neal varsity vs. Northview
• 2 p.m., Pleasant Home JV vs. Northview
• 3 p.m., Andalusia JV vs. Flomaton
• 4 p.m., Pleasant Home varsity vs. Andalusia
• 5 p.m., NO GAME
Here is the complete schedule for the day for court three (PE gym):
• 9 a.m., W.S. Neal varsity vs. Excel
• 10 a.m., Flomaton JV vs. Pleasant Home
• 11 a.m., Brewton MS vs. Andalusia
• noon, W.S. Neal JV vs. Northview
• 1 p.m., W.S. Neal MS vs. Andalusia
• 2 p.m., Straughn JV vs. Excel
• 3 p.m., Straughn varsity vs. Jay
• 4 p.m., Jay varsity vs. Northview
• 5 p.m., NO GAME