Candidates to speak at forum
Voters have a chance to hear from candidates for local and state offices Thursday at a political forum sponsored by the Greater Brewton Area Chamber of Commerce and the Brewton Young Professionals.
The forum will be held from 9 a.m. to noon at the ATN building located on the campus of Jefferson Davis Community College.
The event will begin with a meet and greet session at 9 a.m. A forum-style discussion will follow introductions of candidates.
Candidates will be able to introduce themselves, and then a moderator will ask candidates questions from those attending.
Candidates who plan to attend include:
• Senate District 22: State Sen. Marc Keahey, D-Grove Hill, and Danny Joyner, Republican from Brewton
• House District 66: Alan Baker, R-Brewton
• House District 92: Independent Don Cotton, Democrat David Darby, and Republican Mike Jones Jr.
• County Commission District 1: Democrat David Stokes
• Sheriff: Democrat Grover Smith and Republican Heath Jackson
• County school board District 4: Republican Cindy Jackson and Democrat Stephanie Agerton.
• County commission District 3, Democrat Larry White.
Canoeing and hiking in the Appalachian Mountains for a week may not have anything to do with the game of... read more