TRM basketball set to begin next week
Published 8:25 am Wednesday, November 17, 2010
While the T.R. Miller boys basketball team will not begin play until Tuesday, Nov. 30, the T.R. Miller Lady Tigers will begin their 2010-2011 basketball season Monday, Nov. 22 in Fort Walton.
The Lady Tigers will have three games at Choctawhatchee High School’s Thanksgiving tournament while the boys will begin play on the road Nov. 30 at Escambia County.
The Lady Tigers will have 23 games while the boys will have 20. While the girls will begin play in a Thanksgiving tournament and the boys will not, both teams will play in the Escambia County Tournament in Brewton and the Clarke County Christmas tournament.
The schedule shows 15 non-tournament regular season games with seven on the road and eight at home. All games except tournament will be in the B-team, girls, varsity format.
The Tiger teams will be in an area with Excel, Bayside Academy, Clarke County, and Washington County.
The 2010-2010 T.R. Miller Tiger basketball schedule is as followed:
• Monday-Wednesday, Nov. 22-24, Choctaw Thanksgiving tournament (girls), TBA
• Tuesday, Nov. 30, Escambia County, Away, 4:30 p.m.
• Monday, Dec. 6, Hillcrest, Home, 4:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 11, W.S. Neal Home, 4:30 p.m.
• Monday, Dec. 13, Excel, Home, 4:30 p.m.
• Friday-Monday, Dec. 17,18,20, Escambia County Tournament, Home, TBA
• Tuesday-Thursday, TBA, Clarke County Christmas Tournament, Grove Hill, TBA
• Tuesday, Jan. 4, Flomaton, Home, 4:30 p.m.
• Friday, Jan. 7, Bayside Academy, Home, 4:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Jan. 8, W.S. Neal, Away, 4:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Jan. 11, Clarke County, Away, 4:30 p.m.
• Friday, Jan. 14, Washington County, Home, 4:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Jan. 18, Clarke County, Home, 4:30 p.m.
• Friday, Jan. 21, Excel, Away, 4:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Jan. 22, Washington County, Away, 4:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Jan. 25, Bayside Academy, Away, 4:30 p.m.
• Monday, Jan. 31, Andalusia, Home, 4:30 p.m.
• Friday, Feb. 4, Hillcrest, Away, 5 p.m.
• Monday, Feb. 7 girls area tournament, TBA, TBA
•Tuesday, Feb. 8, boys area tournament, TBA, TBA
•Thursday-Friday, Feb. 17-18, sub-region, TBA, TBA
• Tuesday-Saturday, Feb. 22-26, South regional tournament, TBA, TBA
• Tuesday-Saturday, March 1-5, TBA, Birmingham