‘Rapunzel’ auditions set for Feb. 3
Published 2:18 am Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Area talent will be on display again soon when Missoula Children’s Theater’s red truck pulls into town to help students prepare for a performance of “Rapunzel.”
Students in kindergarten through 12th grade are invited to try out Monday, Feb., 3, for parts in the play, which is sponsored by Brewton Council of the Arts.
There will be about 60 parts available for students of all ages, and the performance is set for 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 8, at the Jefferson Davis Community College auditorium.
Rehearsals will take place each afternoon/night Monday through Friday, Feb. 3-7, from 3:30 to 8 p.m.
A child who receives a part is expected to:
• Be at practice each afternoon/evening
• Be on time
• Have a snack/dinner during the break at 5:30 p.m.
• Have a ride pick you up on time
• Learn your part (costumes are provided)
• Be at dress rehearsal and performance on Saturday, Feb. 8 (plan for most of the day)
Tickets for the performance will be sold at the door. Adult tickets are $10; student tickets are $5; and tickets for children ages 4 to 5 are $1. Children ages 3 and under are admitted free.
For more information, call Madelyn Cave at 363-2025.