East Brewton’s Fourth of July schedule
It’s sure to be a fantastic fourth with festivities slated for the day at Ft. Crawford Park in East Brewton.
Participants are reminded to purchase ducks before the big race, which can be viewed from the bluffs along Murder Creek at Fort Crawford Park.
Promptly at 7 p.m., all the purchased ducks will be set free. Ducks will float down the creek until they are stopped before they pass under the Murder Creek bridge. The duck that gets there first will net the owner $200, while the second place winner will win $100 and third place will win $50.
The day’s schedule is as follows:
• 9 a.m.: spades tournament;
• 1 p.m.: bingo;
• 4 p.m.: horse show tournament and water slide for children;
• 5 p.m.: Melissa Cosey and Kevin Adams;
• 5:30 p.m.: Brandon Patterson;
• 6 p.m.: Lois Crenshaw;
• 6:30 p.m.: Rob Arrant;
• 7 p.m.: Duck race;
• 8 p.m.: High Horse Band; and,
• 9:30 p.m.: fireworks.