Year to start with new faces at county schools
It was a heavy personnel session for the Escambia County Board of Education as they made scores of personnel changes.
The board accepted the following resignations, which are effective as of Aug. 12 unless otherwise stated:
• Angela Boutwell, six-hour lunchroom worker, Flomaton High School, effective June 25;
• Delisa Dean, 11th grade English teacher, Escambia County High School, effective July 22; and,
• Caleb Palmer, assistant band director, Escambia County Middle School, effective July 28.
Approved transfers included:
• Michele Black, lunchroom worker at ECMS, lunchroom worker at FHS, effective Aug. 13 (Replacing Angela Boutwell);
• Stephanie Spicer, special education teacher, from at FHS to ECHS, (Replacing Karlis Mims);
• Detrie Russell, special education teacher aide, from Rachel Patterson Elementary School to Flomaton Elementary School, effective Aug. 13 (Replacing Heather White); and,
• Kenneth Revel, construction technology CTE Instructor, from ECHS to the Escambia Career Readiness Center, effective Aug. 4 (Replacing Gene Coleman).
The board approved the following new hires:
• Xavier Brooks, math teacher, ECHS, (Replacing Frederick Moore);
• Holly Fore, teacher, RPES, (Replacing Brian Stallworth);
• Shaneise Taite, teacher, RPES, (Replacing Samantha Coale);
• James Lindsey, health/physical education teacher, ECHS, (Replacing Janice Kidd);
• Sarah Lindsey, teacher, A.C. Moore Elementary School, (Replacing Blaire Singleton);
• Collin Lashley, counselor, ECHS, effective Aug. 4 (Replacing Deneise Larkin);
• Leslie Williams, special education teacher, Escambia County Middle School, (Replacing Cynthia Dean);
• Marti Putman, special education teacher, FES, (Replacing June Kent);
• Lisa Bennett, custodian, W.S. Neal Elementary School, effective Aug. 4 (Replacing Britney Smith);
• Jessica Rhodes, teacher, WSNES, (Replacing Susan Parker);
• Auburn Carrier, teacher, WSNES, (Replacing Allison Nalty);
• Heather White, teacher, RPES, (Replacing Ashley Murphy);
• Daniel Polon, teacher, extended summer program, WSNHS, effective July 8;
• Tykeria Nolan, student worker, extended summer program, WSNHS, effective July 8;
• Stephanie Alaniz, registered nurse, RPES, (Replacing Susan Smith);
• Amanda Lloyd, English/language arts teacher, ECMS, (Replacing Christopher Wingo);
• Chandler Dunaway, librarian, WSNES, (Replacing Brianna Hunt);
• Angela Parham, assistant principal, ECMS, effective Aug. 4 (Replacing Shundra Barnes);
• Dorothy Bell, bus driver, Brewton shop, effective Aug. 15 (Replacing Esther Grace);
• Kimberly Taylor, bus driver, Brewton shop, effective Aug. 15 (Replacing Linda Smith);
• Angela Hiers, bus driver, Atmore shop, effective Aug. 15 (Replacing Bettye Seale); and,
• Angela Leachman, bus driver, Atmore shop, effective Aug. 15 (Replacing Eloise Copeland).
Other employment changes included moving Lorri Tolbert, teacher aide, Rachel Patterson Elementary School, to seven-hour custodian, RPES, effective Aug. 4 (Replacing Ellen Ates).
• Erica Poindexter, speech language pathologist, A.C. Moore Elementary School; and,
• Jefferson Ola Haughton, custodian, WSNES, effective Aug. 4;
In other news at the board meeting Thursday, action was taken and voted on to:
• Approve the minutes of June 19 meeting;
• Approved No. 800-855 Data Governance Policy;
• Reviewed and approved monthly financial statements;
• Approved to award CNP Chemical Bid to PR Chemicals and Paper Supply for $14,776.90; and,
• Reinstated one sick leave day to Emma Elaine Granderson, custodian at W.S. Neal High School, due to an on-the-job injury.
The next meeting was scheduled for Aug. 14.