JDCC volleyball wins; softball and baseball announce fall schedules
JDCC’s volleyball team started their 2014 season Saturday with a 1-2 record as they played in Selma in the Patriot Classic.
JDCC defeated Lawson before losing to Southern Union twice. No stats were available as of press time from JDCC’s games.
Jefferson Davis Community College Warhawk baseball coach Darrell Blevins and his 2014-15 Warhawks will begin their fall baseball schedule Friday, September 12 with some games in the Central Alabama Tournament in Alexander City.
Blevins and the Warhawks show 16 total games on their fall schedule for 2013 with 10 of those 16 games being tournament games.
Of the 16 overall games, two will be at home.
JDCC will play their tournament games in Alexander City (Central Alabama CC), Mobile (University of Mobile), Montgomery (ALABCA Classic at Faulkner), Pensacola (UWF), and Auburn (Auburn University).
JDCC’s home games will be against Pensacola State and Alabama Southern.
Here is the complete 2014 fall schedule for the Warhawks of JDCC:
• Friday, September 12, Central Alabama Tournament, Away (Alex City)
-Shelton State, 10 a.m.
-Chatt. Valley, 3 p.m.
• Friday, September 19, University of Mobile Tournament, Away
-Faulkner State, 12:30 p.m.
-East Mississippi, 5:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, September 24, Pensacola State College, Home, 2 p.m.
• Friday, September 26, ALABCA Classic, Away (Faulkner University-Montgomery)
-Calhoun, 1:30 p.m.
-Southern Union, 6:30 p.m.
• Sunday, October 5, UWF Tournament, Away (Pensacola)
-Gulf State, 2 p.m.
-Pensacola State, 7 p.m.
• Tuesday, Oct. 7, Pensacola State College, Away, 3 p.m.
• Friday, Oct. 10, University of West Alabama, Away (Livingston), TBA
• Sunday, October 12, Auburn University Tournament, Away
-TBA, 11 a.m.
-TBA, 2 p.m.
• Monday, Oct. 13, ALABCA Sophomore Showcase, TBD, 9 a.m.
• Friday, Oct. 24, Alabama Southern, Away, TBA
• Friday, Oct. 31, Alabama Southern, Home, TBA
Jefferson Davis Community College head softball coach Misti Nims and her 2014-15 softball team will begin their fall schedule Saturday, Sept. 6.
JDCC will host a fall play-date on that day at the YMCA Sports Park in Brewton. At the play-date, JDCC will be joined by five other teams with each team playing two games each. Games will be played on two fields at the YMCA Sports Park and will be played at 9:30 and 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
Joining JDCC will be the Lady Astros, LBW, West Florida Crush, Enterprise State, and the Mobile Thrillers.
The play-date will have a time limit of an hour and 45 minutes or seven innings with an eight-run rule in effect after five innings. Tie games will end in a tie after time expires and the inning ends. An international tie-breaker will be in effect after seven innings, if time has not expired. A coin toss will determine the home time. The games will be free substitutions.
The fields are located at the YMCA Park at the four-way stop sign behind T.R. Miller High School at the intersection of Belleville Avenue and Tiger Drive.
The admission to the play-date is $5. Concessions will be available.
Here is the schedule for the day:
-JDCC vs. Lady Astros, 9:30 a.m. (field one)
-LBW vs. West Florida Crush, 9:30 a.m. (field two)
-LBW vs. Mobile Thrillers, 11:30 a.m. (field one)
-Enterprise State vs. West Florida Crush, 11:30 a.m. (field two)
-JDCC vs. Mobile Thrillers, 1:30 p.m. (field one)
-Enterprise vs. Lady Astros, 1:30 p.m. (field two)
Along with hosting the play-date to start their fall season, JDCC will play in 17 other games throughout the fall.
JDCC will host their annual alumni game on Saturday, Nov. 8 at JDCC. The game is set to begin at 11:30 a.m.
Here is the complete fall schedule for the JDCC Lady Warhawk softball team:
• Thursday, Sept. 11, Pensacola State, Away, 3/5 p.m.
• Sunday, Sept. 14, West Florida Elite, Home, noon
• Saturday, Sept. 20, Robertsdale play-date, Away
-NW Florida State College, 9 a.m.
-Southern University, 10:30 a.m.
-Penscola State College, 1:30 p.m.
• Thursday, Sept. 25, Pensacola State College, Brewton, 2:30/4:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Sept. 27, Troy University, Troy, TBA
• Saturday, Oct. 4, Faulkner State Fall Bash, Atmore
-Baton Rouge, Field 1, 10:45 a.m.
-Pearl River, Field 1, 2:15 p.m.
-Nicholls State, Field 2, 4 p.m.
• Friday, Oct. 10, LBW, Home, 10 a.m./noon
• Saturday, Oct. 18, AUM play-date, Away
-Alabama State, Field 2, 9 a.m.
-Judson College, Field 5, 11 a.m.
-Faulkner University, Field 2, 3 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 25, Enterprise State Fall play-date, Away
• Saturday, Nov. 9, Alumni Game, Home, 11:30 a.m.