County finalizes teachers, staff
The Escambia County Board of Education met Thursday to finalize personnel for the 2014-15 school year.
Resignation included that of:
• Anthony Odom, bus driver, Brewton bus shop, effective Aug. 22; and,
• Angela Hiers, bus driver, Atmore bus shop, effective Aug. 15.
Amber Rowland was transferred as the reading coach at W.S. Neal Elementary School to librarian at A.C. Moore Elementary School, effective Sept. 2. The move will replacing Janet Brantley.
The board voted to hire:
• Brett Amos, teacher, Rachel Patterson Elementary School, effective Aug. 29, to replace Ashley Murphy;
• Michelle Reaves, teacher, Flomaton Elementary School, effective Aug. 29, to replace Kimberly Byrd;
• Kathy Douglas, after-school data processing/clerical, to office of attendance, effective Aug. 29;
• 21ST Century Community Learning Center After-School Program personnel including, Huxford Elementary School Site Coordinator Scarlet Strom; Community Educators Monica Buckhault and Melissa Sims; teachers, Alice White, Magen English, Dawn Malone, Connie Hale and Cheyenne Ikner; and student worker, Emmanuel Morris.
• Rachel Mooney, special education aide, W.S. Neal Middle School, effective Sept. 2;
• Jace Gandy, English/language arts teacher, W.S. Neal High School, effective Sept. 8 to replace Gloria Jerkins; and,
• Betty Warren, bus driver, Atmore bus shop, effective Aug. 29, to replace Kathy Stophel.
The board also voted to move Melanie Crawford, instructional teacher aide at Flomaton Elementary School, to secretary/bookkeeper at FES effective Sept. 2 to replace Sherry Ellison; and to rehire Cynthia Dean, special education teacher, Escambia County Middle School, effective Aug. 29.