City OKs RV park
The Brewton City Council finally OK’d a proposed RV park at the intersection of Foshee Road and U.S. Hwy. 31.
The property, which is owned by Jerry Kelley, has been the subject of much debate over the last several months. The night’s vote rezoned the 3.62-acre parcel from R-A (rural agriculture) to B3. It was the third time the council met on the matter after the city planning commission approved the space for workers with the Georgia Pacific renovation project.
As part of the agreement, a committee will be established between landowners and Kelley to finalize the aesthetics of the property, which will shield the property from neighbors.
In other business, the council:
• set dates for arraignments and court for its municipal court system;
• approved contracts for sales tax, rental tax and lodging tax with RDS systems;
• appointed Dan Weaver and John Downing to the city’s business development authority;
• appointed Sammy Weaver, Dr. Robert Hayes and Joe Gordy to the city’s tree and beautification committee; and,
• heard from Leza Nelson, who urged the council to look father into the dealings of the city school board after the arrest of former T.R. Miller band director on sexual abuse, ethics and unlawful imprisonment charges.
Class 7A 1. Hoover (22) (5-2) 336 2. Fairhope (7) (7-0) 289 3. Prattville (6-1) 209 4. Gadsden City (7-1)... read more