JDCC not on federal financial watch list
Jefferson Davis Community College was not on a recently released list of Alabama universities and colleges on a federal watch list for finances.
Five hundred and sixty institutions across the U.S., including 13 in Alabama, are on the U.S. Department of Education list called “heightened cash monitoring.”
The schools are being watched because of the way they spend taxpayer money in the form of financial aid.
The list includes:
• Calhoun Community College;
• University of West Alabama;
• Lawson State Community College;
• Alabama State University;
• Central Alabama College;
• University of North Alabama;
• Marion Military Institute;
• George Corley Wallace State Community College – Selma;
• Spring Hill College;
• Fortis College in Mobile and Foley.
• Virginia College in Birmingham;
• Fortis College in Foley;
• The Hair Academy in Montgomery.
This was as close to the crash scene as we could get as an ambulance transferred one of the injured... read more