County announces personnel changes
Several personnel actions were approved Thursday by the Escambia County Board of Education.
Personnel actions included:
• reinstatement of one sick leave day to Margo Nordmeyer-Adams, teacher,
W.S. Neal Elementary, due to an on-the-job injury, effective April 14;
• granted leaves of absence to Monica Buckhault, 7-hour lunchroom worker, Huxford Elementary, for March 13-May 29 and to Shelley Dunn, bus driver at Atmore Bus Shop, effective April 7;
• accepted the resignation of Irma Wilson, teacher aid, Escambia County Middle School, effective May 29;
• accepted the retirement of Mary Smith, special education teacher, Escambia County High School, effective June 1; of Melba Lambeth, bus driver, Atmore bus shop, effective June 1; and Gerald Jones, maintenance supervisor, Atmore maintenance department, effective June 1;
• transferred Christy Jordan, 7-hour lunchroom worker, Flomaton Elementary School, to 7-hour lunchroom worker, Huxford Elementary School, effective April 7 and transferred Connie Reeves, teacher, Flomaton Elementary School, to Instructional Technology Resource Teacher, Atmore Central Office, effective July 27, (185-day contract to 202-day contract)
• hired Robert Colton Hammonds, HVAC/Electrician, Brewton Maintenance Department, effective May 4 (Replacing Johnny Chavers); CNP summer feeding program personnel; Tammy Nelson, bus aide, Brewton Bus Shop, effective May 4, (Replacing Carolyn Merchant); Jean Montel, bus driver, Atmore Bus Shop, effective May 4, (Replacing Sherry Lucas); Kathryn Turpen, English/Language Arts Teacher, Escambia County High School, effective May 4; Amy Cabaniss, Secondary Curriculum Supervisor, Atmore Central Office, effective July 1, (Replacing Jason Petro).
Other items approved at the meeting included:
• Review of monthly financial statement for March 201. All bank statements have been reconciled through March 31, 2015.
• Approval to sell surplus buses, vehicles and equipment
• Approved to award bid No. 2015-1 for Type C regular school bus to Ward International Trucks in the amount of $75,603 per bus.
• Approved to award bid No. 2015-2 for Type C regular school bus chassis with lift to Ward International Trucks in the amount of $87,879 per bus
• Approval of Summer Maintenance Custodians
• Approved to hire nine students to work summer work
In May of 1995, Container Corporation was hit by a large fire that took 12 hours to control. Several stacks... read more