County BOE approves personnel changes
The Escambia County Board of Education approved numerous personnel changes Thursday.
• Catadro North, OCS Instructor, Escambia County High School, effective July 14;
• Detrie Russell, teacher aide, Flomaton Elementary School, effective July 20; and,
• Makeva Preyear, counselor, Rachel Patterson Elementary School, effective July 29.
Accepted the retirement of:
• Myrtice Hobbs, Bus Driver, Brewton Bus Shop, effective Sept. 1.
• Leketha Bradley, counselor, from Escambia County Middle School to W.S. Neal High School to replace Kimberly Corcoran;
• Sabrina Wilson, Counselor, Escambia Career Readiness Center, to assistant principal at WSN to replace Susan Coleman;
• Traci White, teacher, from Flomaton Elementary School Pollard-McCall Junior High School to replace Renee Johnson;
• Tracy Linam, teacher, ECMS, to academic interventionist, Escambia County High School;
• Sheila Ashcraft, 7-hour lunchroom worker, Huxford Elementary School, to CNP aide/bookkeeper, Atmore Central Office to replace Hope Lassiter; and,
• Levon Wright, teacher aide, FHS, to English/language arts teacher, Escambia County Middle School, to replace Amanda Lloyd.
The board also voted to employ:
• Tyler Parker, Social Studies teacher, ECMS, to replace Lee Smith;
• Katie Arrant, elementary teacher, WSNES, to replace Amanda Smith;
• Carol Dreadin, six-hour lunchroom worker, ECHS, to replace Robin Stewart;
• Teresa Hunter, counselor, ECHS, to replace Collin Lashley;
• Amanda Matta, bus driver, Atmore Bus Shop, to replace Kim Nall;
• Terry Boutwell, carpenter, Brewton Maintenance Department, to replace Bob Arrant;
• Charnika Jackson, science teacher, ECMS, to replace BreAnna Morris;
• Amber Moore, special education teacher, Rachel Patterson Elementary School, to replace Deborah Silcox;
• Latasha Odom, special education teacher, ECHS, to replace Mary Smith;
• Deidre Tucker, kindergarten teacher, Rachel Patterson Elementary School, to replace April George;
• Ashley G. Salter, P.E. teacher, FHS, to replace Terri Peacock;
• Michael Parker, part-time driver’s education teacher, FHS, to replace Enrique Eligio;
• Andrea Carter, part-time Spanish teacher, FHS, to replace Enrique Eligio;
• Laura Leigh Rambach, federal programs/assessment supervisor, Atmore Central Office, to replacing Jason Petro;
• RoseMary Watkins, special education teacher, ECMS, to replace Draunetta Todd;
• Robert Lloyd, math teacher, ECMS, to replace Terrence Walker;
• Justin Monk, science teacher, FHS, to replace Memory Rollin;
• Randall Jackson, counselor, FHS, to replace Ashley Hughes;
• Roderick Hamilton, assistant principal, ECMS, to replace Kim Staley;
• Charlotte Lucas, English/language arts teacher, ECHS, to replace K. Annmarie Turpen; and,
• A’Prell Knight, special education teacher, ECMS, to replace Elizabeth Chaloux;
The board also granted the following unemployment change to Forrest Jones, teacher, Escambia County Alternative School, to assistant principal, Escambia County Alternative School/Flomaton High School, to replace Hilda Blakely.
Granted temporary employment to Rebecca Green, teacher, A.C. Moore Elementary School.
Teachers with the Escambia County School System will have teacher inservice day Fri., Aug. 7. A professional development day will be held Mon., Aug. 10 and a teacher work day will be held Tues., Aug. 11.
The first day of school for students will be Wed., Aug. 12.
The first school holiday will be Mon., Sept. 7, as students and teachers will take off for the observance of Labor Day.