TRM traditions return
It’s homecoming week at T.R. Miller High School.
As such, a multitude of events are scheduled for the upcoming days – including some favorite traditions from the past.
School officials said they are excited to announce the return of the Thursday bonfire. Set for 7:30 p.m. on the practice field, the bonfire will follow the alumni flag football game, which starts at 6:30 p.m.
But, before Tiger Talk will be hosed on campus Thursday at 5 p.m.
The night’s alumni game will have two, 20-minute halves.
Following will be the Bonfire Pep Rally at 7:30 p.m. Cheerleaders and the band will be in attendance along with the football team. Miller head football coach Jamie Riggs will announce the permanent team captains.
School will dismiss at 1 p.m. for all students.
Homecoming day events are as follows:
• 8 a.m. -9:30 a.m.: alumni groups should bring in floats to the front of the high school;
• 10-11 a.m.: alumni reception in the new gym;
• Noon-1 p.m.: pep rally at TRM;
• 1:30 p.m.: parade convoy leaves the school;
• 2 p.m.: parade will begin downtown;
• 6:30 p.m.: homecoming court presentation; and,
• 7 p.m.: kickoff against Geneva.