Qualifying started for 2016 elections
The qualifying period is officially open for the 2016 primary election.
The election will be held on Tues., March 1, and county seats on the ballot include:
• District Attorney;
• Circuit Judge Place No. 2;
• District Judge;
• County Commissioner District No. 2;
• County Commissioner District No. 4;
• County School Board District No. 4; and,
• County School Board District No. 6.Qualifying will end on Nov. 6 for all federal, state and county offices, as well as presidential candidates and their Convention delegates who will be on the March 1 Primary ballot.
Information on qualifying procedures and required forms can be found on the Alabama Democratic Party website at aldemocrats.org under the resources tab and on the Alabama Republican Party website at algop.org.
Locally, the Escambia County Republican Party Chairman Shane Hadley can be contacted at 251.295.0559 and Democratic Party Chairman Everette Price at 251.809.1309.
Neal volleyball was in action this past Monday and Tuesday against PCA and Flomaton. Monday action: Neal vs. PCA Neal... read more