TRM XC runs in Auburn
The T.R. Miller Tiger Cross Country team traveled Saturday to Auburn to compete in the 19th annual Auburn Tiger Classic.
In the 1A-4A competitions, the girls’ team finished fourth out of 10 teams behind West Limestone, Westminister School at Oak Mountain and Pace Academy, while the boys’ team finished the Saturday race in eighth place out of 14 teams.
Of the 115 girls running, Miller’s Tarah Townsend, a junior, finished 11th across the finish line at 22:45.17 and was followed closely by seventh grader Olivia Blackmon at 12th with a time of 22:47.57.
Other TRM girls’ times included:
• Madison Lum, eighth grader, at 23:12.68;
• Hanna Douglas, seventh grader, at 24:05.64;
• Sarah Byrd, freshman, at 24:29.93;
• Samantha Morris, eighth grader, at 24:32.72;
• Peyton Baxter, junior, at 25:14.36;
• Kaleigh Thompson, seventh grader, at 25:18.48; and,
• Breann Huff, senior, 25:46.61.
Out of the 151 athletes running, Brewton’s Travis Carlson was 18th across the finish line with a time of 18:18.58, followed by Micah Flores, a freshman, at 43rd with a time of 19:30.41. Other TRM athletes included:
• Tucker McDaniel, sophomore, at 19:35.87;
• Tailand Mitchell, freshman, at 19:54.16;
• Rider Jernigan, freshman, at 20:12.26;
• Tanner McDaniel, sophomore, at 20:21.43; and,
• Joe Luttrell, seventh grader, at 23:18.70.
Super Regionals Recap: TRM 3, Hale County 0 TRM won in three sets; 25-12, 25-9 and 25-21 Leading TRM was... read more