DWM hosts annual 5K
D.W. McMillan Hospital hosted its annual Relay for Life 5K fundraiser in April. Scores of participants helped to raise money in the fight against cancer. The overall male winner was Billy Bryant with a time of 21:33, while the overall female runner, with a time of 23:24, was Olivia Blackmon.
Category winners were (from first to third place):
• 14 and younger: Jimmie Ates, Jayron Blackmon and (tie) Cooper Turner and Micah Trippe;
• 15-19: Allie Nelson and Amber Terry;
• 20-29: Logan Boone, Amber Nelson and Jena Turner;
• 30-39: Jamie Kilcrease, Austin Trippe and Steven Ferguson;
• 40-49: Jeff Carlson, Andrea Jackson and Ashley Lodge;
• 50-59: Doug Darby, Jeff White and Alan Ash;
• 60-69: Brad Moore, Linda Langham and Neil Nelson;
• 70-79: Gisela Jordan and Ann Scott; and,
• 80 and over: Barbara Page.