Emergency food funds available locally
Escambia County Alabama has been awarded $17,011 in federal funds under the Emergency Food and
Shelter National Program for 2015.
Funds will be used to supplement Emergency Food and Shelter programs in the county, and applications are now being accepted to distribute those funds. A local board will determine how the funds are to be distributed among local emergency food and shelter agencies in the county.
Local organizations chosen to receive funds must:
• Be private voluntary non-profit or units of government.
• Have an accounting system.
• Practice nondiscrimination.
• Have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs.
• If they are a private voluntary organization, they must have a voluntary board.
• Applicants must submit documentation of recipients receiving services and agree to an audit.
• Provide a DUNS number and associated information.
Applicants interested in participating should contact David Adams at the Emergency Management Agency, 867.0232 or P. O. Box 848, Brewton, AL 36427 or Mae Downing at 867-2358 or P. O. Box 955, Brewton, AL 36427.
Applications must be submitted by Mon., June 13, in writing. Applications should state what the funds requested will be used for, information about the Agency and the certification that all the above requirements would be met by the Agency. The local board will meet in the Escambia County Operations Center, Room 109 of the courthouse on Fri., June 17, at noon to allocate these funds.