COT to host set of financial classes
Published 5:12 pm Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Looking to better your life and your financial situation?
The Circles of Transformation is a program for you, said local organizer Anita Watson.
COT is an innovative ministry that partners low-income families with community volunteers to help establish clear goals and a pathway to a better place.
Watson said the newest set of COT classes will focus on wise money management. Taught by Rick Zapta, regional extension agent for consumer sciences and personal finance management with the Auburn Cooperative Extension Agency, the classes will focus on understanding credit, how to live debt free and how to prepare for the job market.
All classes will be held from 5:30-8 p.m. at Brewton’s First United Methodist Church unless otherwise noted. Classes are scheduled for:
• July 19: Financial Workshop Understanding Your Credit Score with Rick Zapata at the Auburn Co-Op Extension Office
• July 26: Developing A Spending Plan
• Aug. 2: How to Live Debt Free
• Aug. 9: Home Buying vs. Renting
• Aug. 16: Records and Identity Theft
• Aug. 23: Writing A Resume and Completing An Application
• Aug. 30: Interview Preparation
• Sept. 6: Internet Job Search and Dressing for Success
To learn more, call Marriott at 251.363.9000 or visit circlesoftransformation.org or Circles of Transformation on Facebook.