BCS makes personnel changes
Four personnel changes in Brewton City School System were announced Monday after the board approved:
• hiring Nancy Hart as part time fifth grade teacher at Brewton Middle School;
• hiring Malary Booker as teacher at Brewton Elementary School;
• reclassifying Ollie Bailey as a 212-hour custodian at BMS; and,
• the resignation of Drew Roberts as BMS teacher.
In other business, the board:
• appointed board member Bart Till to the board’s capital improvement committee;
• set whole board training for an undetermined date in October;
• approved a 4 percent salary increase for Superintendent Dr. Kenneth Varner as set by his contract following any across-the-board raises for teachers;
• affirmed board member Ann Peach’s place on the board as pursuant to state law; and,
• set budget hearings for Sept. 14 at noon and Sept. 19 at 4 p.m.
– Stephanie Nelson