Career center workshops held in August
Published 10:00 pm Tuesday, August 2, 2016
The Brewton Career Center will host a number of workshops in August beginning tomorrow Aug. 4. Workshops range from social media etiquette to interview and job skills. The center is working in conjunction with Susan Rhodes of the Women’s Business Center of Rural Alabama. The dates are:
• Social media workshop, Thurs., Aug. 4, at 2 p.m. at the Brewton Chamber of Commerce. Participants are asked to bring laptops or other electronic device. Workshop will focus on proper use of social media and how to take advantage of the medium in job seeking. Workshop led by Susan Rhodes.
• Interview skills workshop, Thurs., Aug. 11, at 10 a.m. at the Atmore Chamber of Commerce. Workshop led by Susan Rhodes.
• Computer class for jobseekers, Mon., Aug. 15 at 1:30 p.m., at the Brewton Career Center. Three spots available. All are encouraged to call ahead to register.
• Social media workshop, Tues., Aug. 23 at 10 a.m. at the Atmore Chamber of Commerce. Partipants encouraged to bring laptop or other electronic device.
• Computer and internet basics, Aug. 30 at 9 a.m. at the Brewton Career Center.
To register for respective class or for more information about workshops contact the Brewton Career Center at 251.867.4376.