TRM XC earns 1st place
Published 7:00 pm Monday, September 19, 2016
The T.R. Miller Cross Country team competed in the Loxley at the Battle of the Bay Sept. 17.
The girls and boys team captured first place in its respective categories. The girls finished with a total time of 1:51.21 with a point total of 21–28 points ahead of second place Bayside Academy. The boys’ team finished with a total time of 1:37:01, with a point total of 40–19 points ahead of second place UMS-Wright.
Miller’s Allie Nelson and Olivia Blackmon captured first and second place respectively to lead the girls’ division.
Other times for the girls are:
• Carmen Knowles, seventh place, 23:08.2;
• Madison Lum, eighth place, 23:44.1;
• Hannah Douglas, 10th place, 24:06.1;
• Peyton Baxter, 13th place, 24:59.1.
Travis Carlson was the top finisher for the boys, coming in fourth place overall with a time of 18:33.4.
Other times for the boys are:
• Micah Flores, eighth place, 19:25.1;
• Tailand Mitchell, ninth place,19:26.2;
• Tanner McDaniel, tenth place, 19:40.3;
• Rider Jernigan, 14th place, 19:55.4;
• Tucker McDaniel, 18th, 20:23.8;
• Jordan Delawerence, 19th, 20:30.1.
The cross-country team will travel to Pensacola, Fla., on Sat., Sept. 24 for the Gulf Coast Stampede. Runners will begin at 8 a.m.