County BOE approves sale of Boykin school
The Escambia County Board of Education unanimously approved the conveyance of the deed to sell the vacant Boykin School property to trustees of the State of Alabama.
Superintendent John Knott read the resolution to the board.
“The trustees of the state of Alabama have requested since (Boykin) property has no longer been used for school purposes, where the county board of education has determined there is no need for the said property for school purposes, and has in fact closed the Boykin School. Therefore be it resolved the Escambia County Board of Education chairman and secretary are hereby authorized to execute a deed conveying said property to the trustees of the Charitable Aid Organization Boykin Home of the State of Alabama pursuant to the expressed provisions and reversionary language contained in the aforementioned deed.”
Personnel changes approved were:
• Resignation, Terri Stallworth, seven-hour lunchroom worker, W.S. Neal High School, effective Sept. 19;
• Transfer, Ervin Carnley, part-time grass cutter, Brewton Maintenance Department, to General Maintenance Worker, Brewton Maintenance Department, effective Oct. 10;
• Employment, David Blackmon, general maintenance worker, Brewton Maintenance Department, effective Oct. 10;
• After-school program personnel, Rachel Patterson Elementary School (Title I) site coordinator, Melissa Nichols; teachers, Ralind Davis, Shaneise Ezell and Eva Wilson; W.S. Neal Elementary School (Title I); teachers, Lisa Odom, Jessica Butts, Nicole Dunaway and Marilyn Peter; substitutes, Jennifer Fox and Sheila Fountain; Pollard-McCall, community educators, Candice Carnley and Shirley Manning;
• After-school program personnel, Pamela Hester, teacher, Rachel Patterson Elementary School, effective Oc. 31 (Replacing Katrina Dean); and,
• Temporary employment, Faby Jones, Community Helper, WSNES, effective Oct. 20 and March 16, 2017.