Holiday shopping game coming
Shopping locally could win Brewton area residents some prizes this holiday season.
The Brewton Chamber of Commerce is hosting a poker run style holiday shopping event beginning on Thurs., Nov. 16, at 4 p.m. and running through Fri., Dec. 8, at noon.
Betting on Brewton is an opportunity for Brewton area residents to “support local businesses, conquer their Christmas lists and play for sweet prizes.”
Customers can shop at local participating Brewton businesses to collect cards. Each customer can receive one card per business each day. There is no limit on the number of cards each player may collect during the game.
After collecting five or more cards, the customers can “play your best hand” at the Chamber of Commerce Office.
Prizes will be awarded to the first player to turn in each winning hand. Once a hand has been submitted, no one else can submit that same hand.
Duplicate cards in the same hand are not allowed to be submitted together as a winning hand.
Winning hands include:
• Royal Flush, which contains five Royal cards in sequence, all of the same suit;
• Straight Flush, which contains five cards in sequence, all of the same suit;
• Four of a Kind, which contains all four cards of one rank and any other unmatched card;
• Full House, which contains three matching cards of one rank and two matching cards of another rank;
• Flush, which contains all five cards of the same suit but not in sequence;
• Straight, which contains five cards of sequential rank in at least two different suits;
• Three of a Kind, which contains three cards of the same rank, with two cards not of this rank nor the same as each other; and
• Two Pair, which contains two cards of the same rank, plus two cards of another rank.
The customer with a Royal Flush will win a $100 Chamber gift certificate; the Straight Flush will win a $50 Chamber gift certificate; and all other hands will win $25 Chamber gift certificates.
Participating businesses include The L House, Weaver’s Apparel, Talula Belle’s, JusDo, Herrington’s, Longevity, Bonehead Boots and Purple Paisley.