TRM track and field open season strong
Published 5:26 pm Monday, March 5, 2018
The TRM track and field opened its season strong as they traveled to Bayside Academy Friday.
The Tigers had outstanding performances from the girls with 10 top 3 finishes by Kelsi Lum, Olivia Blackmon, Celeste Thomas, Ora Nelson, Karamiya Jenkins, Jordan Thompson, Kiara Campbell and Sara Scott.
Lum placed first place in 300-meter hurdles (53.69) and third in the 60-meter hurdle (10.83).
Blackmon placed first in two events- the 1600-meter run (5:39.95), and the 3200-meter run (12:29.94).
Thompson placed first in the 800 meter run (2:45.76).
Ora Nelson (1:09.90) and Karamiya Jenkins (1:17.06) placed first in the 400-meter dash.
Other results from the TRM girl’s team:
- Kiara Campbell placed second in the 200 meter run dash (31.63).
- Celeste Thomas, third place in the 1600 meter run (6:45.59), and fifth place in the 800-meter run (3:05.26).
- Madison Lum, placed fourth in the 1600 meter run (6:48.91) and 800 meter run (3:01.49).
- Sara Scott, javelin throw, (66-09), shot put, (23-08.00), and dicus throw, (52-09).
The boy’s did an outstanding job as well having 17 top three finishes.
Christian Bradley, Jordan Delawrence, Tailand Mitchell, Tanner McDaniel, Cody Hall, Jalen Walker, Michael Campbell and Darius Webb placed first in different events.
Bradley placed first in the 300-meter hurdle (45.70) and third in 60-meter hurdle (9.79). Delawrence placed first in the 400-meter dash (x58.56). Mitchell first in 800 meter run (2:14.23) and McDaniel (2:14.51). Hall placed first in 200-meter dash (25.84), Walker first in triple jump (41-04.50), second in long jump, (20-01.00). Campbell first in javelin throw, (131-00), second in shot put, (39-06.00), third in discus throw, (90-04) and Webb first in high jump, (5-08.00) and second in 60 meter hurdle, (9.75), and third in long jump, (18-11.50).
Other results from the boy’s team:
- Nolan Atkinson placed second in the 300 meter run, (51.27) and second in the 400 meter run (1:03.04)
- Justus Bailey finished second in the 400-meter dash, (55.75)
- Orlando Gandy placed second in the 200 meter dash, (26.35)
- Jernigan Rider placing second in the 3200 meter run, (11:23.76)
- Adam Holmes finished third, (57.91)
- Narkavis Campbell placed third (25.62)