County BOE approves list of items
Published 7:22 pm Tuesday, May 1, 2018
The Escambia County Board of Education held a meeting Thursday with a checklist end of the year items on the agenda.
The board took the following action.
• Approved the monthly financial statement for March 2018 and all bank statements have been reconciled through March 31, 2018.
• Approval of Odyssey ware program for core courses and electives in academic programs to include: standards based recovery, credit recovery, alternative educational programs, home bound students, career and technical, project-based learning and etc, for the school year in the amount of $60,000.
• Approval for the 2018- 2019 school year to include 500 semester course enrollments at $200 each for a total of $100,000, and authorization to add additional semester course enrollments needed for active student enrollment.
• Approval to extend the milk products big awarded to Borden Dairy of Alabama for one year Aug. 1, 2018 through July 31, 2019.
• Reinstate three sick leave days for Jennifer Parker, lunchroom manager, Pollard McCall Junior High School, due to an on-the-job injury that was effective Oct. 16, 17 and 26.
Other business included the following announcement.
• There will be a school concert at Escambia County Middle/High School, May 3, 2018 at 7 p.m. in the Escambia County High School auditorium. A Atmore community mass gospel choir event following the Escambia County school concert.
• The 33rd annual academic all-star program and reception, May 10 at 6 p.m. at Escambia County High School with Barbara Anne Spears, Alabama Community College System as the guest speaker.
• Escambia County teacher and staff retirement recognition, May 15 at Flomaton High School at 4 p.m. Escambia County career technical awards and recognition ceremony at FHS at 6 p.m.
• High School graduations for W.S. Neal High School will be Tuesday, May, 22: Flomaton High School will be Thursday, May 24, and Escambia County High School will be Friday, May 25. stand/ restroom project.