EMA releases latest on Alberto
Escambia County EMA Director David Adams released some new information from the National Weather Service in regard to subtropical storm Alberto.
According to the NWS, Alberto’s effect to our area includes impending multi-day rainfall that will unfold to produce flooding. Alberto will become a strong tropical storm before landfall late Monday evening, and will slow near the coast.
Saturday – 7 p.m.
• system forecasted to be in Gulf of Mexico
• coastal water level to rise begin late in day
• long period swell and high surf conditions during day
Sunday – 7 a.m.
• continuous rain in progress
• keep an eye out on intensification of weather
Monday – 7 a.m.
• heavy rain, along with flooding
• entire region forecasted to be in favorable tropical cyclone quadrant for isolate tornadoes
• river rises underway
Tuesday – 7 a.m.
• system moves inland, but moving slowly
• tornado threat shifts inland
• rivers likely rising rapidly