East Brewton plans 4th of July events
There are a lot of fun activities set for the Fourth of July at Ft. Crawford Park in East Brewton.
Participants are reminded to purchase ducks before the big race, which can be viewed from the bluffs along Murder Creek at Fort Crawford Park. They can be purchased at City Hall.
At 6 p.m., the duck race will occur.
Ducks that have been purchased will be set free and they will float down the creek until they are stopped before they pass under the Murder Creek bridge.
The day’s schedule is as follows:
• Spades tournament, 9 a.m.
• Bingo, 1 p.m.
• Horeshoe Tournament, water slide, 4 p.m.
Local entertainment begins at 5 p.m.
• Lois Crenshaw will perform from 5-5:20;
• Wanda Green/ Yvonne Lisenby from 5:20-5:40
• Tonya Graves, 5:40 – 6 p.m.
• Duck race, 6-6:30 p.m.
• Melissa Cosey, 6:30-6:50 p.m.
• Olivia Neal, 6:50 – 7:10 p.m.
• Ben Murphy, 7:10-7:30 p.m.
High Horse band will hit the stage at 8 p.m., and will perform through 9:30 p.m.
The event will culminate at 9:30 p.m., with a fireworks show.