Blaze destroys Riddle Road home
Firefighters worked a fire for around three hours Monday morning on Riddle Road in Brewton, but the home was a total loss.
Brewton Fire Chief Jeff Salter said the department received a call shortly after 5 a.m.
“We got the call at 5:17 of a structure fire,” Salter said. “The call came in and said there might be someone trapped.”
Salter said firefighters searched the home, but the resident wasn’t home.
“Everything is pointing toward it being an electrical fire,” he said. “We can’t rule out anything with the severity of it, but it looks to have started at the electrical box.”
Salter said they cleared the scene at 8:03 a.m.
“We responded with nine firefighters,” he said. “They had it under control in 45 minutes, but there were some hot spots.”
Contact: Adam Prendergast, 334-372-5555 TROY, Ala. – Troy paced the Sun Belt with seven first team and 23 overall... read more