Postage to increase at end of January
Published 10:02 am Wednesday, January 9, 2019
Mailing items at the USPS is set to increase at the end of the month — it’s biggest in history.
First Class mail will increase from 50 cents to 55 cents, with additional ounces costing 15 cents.
USPS spokesperson Debbie Fetterly said that a 2-ounce stamped letter such as a typical wedding invitation would cost less to mail decreasing from 71 cents to 70 cents.
The 5-cent increase constitutes a 10-percent increase.
The increase is the third annual increase in a row.
Additional changes include:
• Letters (metered 1 ounce) increase to 50 cents from 47 cents.
• Outbound international letters (1 ounce) stays the same at $1.15.
• Domestic Postcards stay the same at 35 cents.
• Small flat rate box priority mail increases to $7.90 from $7.20;
• Medium flat rate box increases to $14.35 from $13.65;
• Large flat rate box increases to $19.95 from $18.90;
• APO/FPO large flat rate box increases to $18.45 from $17.40;
• Regular flat rate envelope increases to $7.35 from $6.70;
• Legal flat rate envelope increases to $7.65 from $7;
• Padded flat rate envelope increases from $8 from $7.25.