Community cleanup slated for April 27
Published 9:48 am Wednesday, April 10, 2019
The cities of Brewton and East Brewton are sponsoring a community wide Earth Day cleanup in conjunction with Earth Day.
The event will be April 27.
The landfill on Jay Road will be open free of charge from 7 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Locals may dispose of electronics – televisions, computer components will cost $7 per item, if by check or $7.25 if paid for by credit card. No cash will be accepted. Trash will also be taken.
No household garbage or chemicals will be accepted.
In East Brewton, the trash truck will be available for East Brewton residents. No tires will be accepted. Call 867-7998.
“In an effort to keep our communities clean, the Greater Brewton Area Chamber along with the cities of Brewton and East Brewton would like to invite you to participate in our Earth Day Cleanup,” said chamber executive director Judy Crane.
Additionally, locals may dispose of the following:
• automobile batteries and oil at Auto Zone and O’Reilly Auto Parts;
• tires at the public works building on St. Nicholas Avenue. There will be a limit of four tires per household, and when truck is full no more tires will be accepted.
Other dumpster sites will be:
• District 1: Behind Farmers Furniture
• District 2: Hwy 41 west end
• District 3: J.L. Fisher Center
• District 4: East Jackson and Sowell Road
• District 5: Behind Arby’s
The cleanup is for residents only.