BOE announces graduation
Published 1:41 pm Wednesday, May 1, 2019
The Escambia County School Board meeting was held Monday, April 22, at the central office in Brewton.
On the agenda of old business was approval to revise Board Policy 3.20.5 – Procurement Policy increasing the simplified acquisition threshold from $150,000 to $250,000 for federal programs (Per ALSDE memo dated September 12, 2018).
• It was announced that Law Day would be at the Escambia County Courthouse on May 2 & 3.
• There would be a whole board annual training on May 2, at 11 a.m. at the BOE.
• Escambia County Career Readiness Awards Ceremony, May 7, at Flomaton High School.
• Escambia County All-Stars at ECHS at 6 p.m.
• Teacher retirement will be May 14, at 4 p.m. at FHS.
• High school graduations will be held; ECHS-Tues. May 21; WSNHS-Thurs., May 23 and FHS-Fri., May 24.
• AASB Summer Conference-June 14-16.
In recent items approval of the revised Cheerleader Constitution for the 2019-20 school year. It was also approved for WSNMS to host a trip to Washington, D.C. April 30-May 3, for 7th and 8th grade students. Information will be communicated to the students and parents. The Board also approved the purchase of a vehicle for $42,262.65.
There were seven employees who retired. They were Terri Parkinson (FHS), Alice Hall (Huxford El. School), Connie Waller (Huxford), Brenda Taylor (WSNES), Sally Denton (WSNES), Lois Miller (WSNMS) and Gail Miller, bus driver.
New employees are Angela Lee (ECMS), Ashley Trawick (ESCHS), Randall Jackson (ECHS) and Jennifer Hall (PMJHS).
Temporary employees were June Kent and Frankie Samuel.