Drive-in COVID-19 testing available in Brewton
Drive-in COVID-19 testing clinics will be offered at the Escambia County Health Department, 1115 Azalea Ave., Brewton, on Mondays from 9 to 11 a.m. beginning April 27.
Please call (334) 867-5765 for an appointment and to preregister. A physician referral is preferred.
To be tested, individuals must be 10 years old or older and meet these criteria:
The patient is symptomatic with at a minimum (measured or subjective)
· Fever OR cough OR shortness of breath, AND
· Immunocompromised or have co-morbidities, or
· Age 65 years or older, or
· Healthcare worker, or
· Associated with a long-term healthcare facility, or
· Symptoms are moderate, severe or worsening.
If you have no symptoms, testing is not recommended. If you have mild symptoms and do not fall into one of the above high-risk groups, it is recommended that you self-isolate at home and call
1-888-264-2256 if your symptoms worsen.
Clinics will be continued so long as there is demonstrated community need. Clinics are currently scheduled for April 27 and May 4.