ECSS approves personnel recommendations at meeting
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, May 20, 2020
The Escambia County School System (ECSS) approved personnel recommendations during its May 14 meeting.
The recommendations include:
Resignation (bold these titles)
• James Rogers, as assistant band director at W.S. Neal Middle, effective May 22, 2020;
• Molly Barnett, as special education teacher at Rachel Patterson Elementary, effective May 22, 2020;
• Vickie Stamper, as instructional teacher aide at Pollard McCall Junior High School, effective June 1, 2020;
• Jean Searcy, as a bus driver at the Atmore Bus Shop, effective July 1, 2020;
• Ashley Knowles, English language arts teacher at Escambia County Alternative School to the same position at W.S. Neal Middle, effective Aug. 3, 2020, replacing Joe Ellington;
• Ellington, as English language arts teacher at WSNMS, to the same position at the Escambia County Alternative School, effective Aug. 3, replacing Knowles;
• Chelsea Turner, as an elementary teacher at Flomaton Elementary School, effective Aug. 3;
• Jacqueline Gresham, office aide at PMJH, effective Aug. 3;
• Sheila Ashcraft, as child nutrition office aide at Atmore Central Office, to child nutrition bookkeeper at ACO, effective July 1, 2020, replacing Ginger Cochran; and,
• Spencer Todd Williamson, as principal at the Escambia Career Readiness Center, to director of career and technical education of the ECSS, effective June 1, replacing David Lanier.
In other bueinsss, the board:
• heard information and updates from the Alabama State Department of Education, Escambia County Schools Academic Continuity Plan and the Operational Plans for schools related to the COVID-19 pandemic. The plans will include current plans and guidance provided to students, parents, schools and personnel during the school closures;
• approved the 2020-21 student code of conduct; and,
• approved the RPM Outreach Program for the 2020-21 school year.