ADPH announces Brewton drive-in COVID-19 testing clinic
Drive-in COVID-19 testing clinics will be offered at the Escambia County Health Department, 1115 Azalea Ave., Brewton, on Monday, July 27, from 9 to 11 a.m.
Call (251) 867-5765for an appointment and to preregister. A provider referral is preferred. Please email the referral to health department prior to an appointment at email@example.com.
Symptoms of COVID-19 consist of either cough or shortness of breath (difficulty breathing) or at least two of the following; fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, and new loss of taste or smell.
These are the requirements for testing:
· Persons with symptoms
· Healthcare facility workers, workers in congregate living settings, and first responders with symptoms
· Persons without symptoms who have underlying medical conditions or disability placing them at a higher risk of complications or screening of other asymptomatic individuals based on a case-by-case review and approval by the state health department or local health jurisdiction.
The Alabama Department of Public Health advises the following measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
· Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds
· Social distance by staying 6 feet away from others
· Avoid people who are sick
· Stay home if you can; work remotely if possible
· Cover your mouth and nose with a face covering when around others
· Cover coughs and sneezes
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
· Monitor your health
For more information, visit alabamapublichealth.gov.