BOE approves personnel recommendations
The Escambia County School System July 23 approved some last-minute personnel recommendations, including the system’s new assistant superintendent.
Former Assistant Superintendent Beth Drew retired at the end of the school year.
Sandra Reid was hired to replace Drew as the system’s assistant superintendent. In her previous capacity, Reid served as the human resources supervisor.
Other approved personnel recommendations included:
• Marci Anna Pouncey, as elementary teacher at Rachel Patterson Elementary School, effective July 13, 2020;
• Natalie Pitts, as elementary teacher at W.S. Neal Middle School, effective Sept. 8, 2020;
• Emma Grandison, as a seven-hour custodian at W.S. Neal High School, effective Sept. 1, 2020;
• Angela Davis, as teacher in the collaboration lab at Escambia County Middle School, to elementary teacher at RPES, effective Aug. 3, 2020;
• Amy Dullard, as English/language arts teacher at Pollard McCall Junior High School, to English/language arts teacher at Flomaton High School, effective Aug. 3;
• Priscilla Garror, as English/language arts teacher at Escambia County High School, effective Aug. 3;
• Dishista Brown, as seven-hour lunchroom worker at RPES, effective Aug. 4;
• Anthony Wald, as elementary teacher at W.S. Neal Middle School, effective Aug. 3;
• Kristofer Worth, as bus driver at the Atmore Bus Shop, effective Aug. 5;
• Junia Fischer, as assistant principal at W.S. Neal High School, to work up to an additional five days, from July 16-22;
• Ashley Trawick, counselor at ECHS, to work up to an additional 15 days effective July 13-31;
• Connie Reeves, as an instructional technology resource teacher, at Atmore Central Office, to work up to an additional two days, effective July 20-24;
• Ashley Mosley, as special education/lead teacher at Flomaton Elementary School, to assistant principal at Flomaton High School, effective July 24’
• Yolonda Walters, as science teacher at Escambia County Alternative School, to assistant principal at ECMS, effective July 24;
• Kathleen Camp, as elementary teacher at Huxford Elementary School, effective Aug. 3; and,
• Sharyn Wilson, as elementary teacher at ECMS, effective Aug. 3.