Wind believed to be cause of house fire

Published 10:29 pm Wednesday, October 26, 2005

By By LYDIA GRIMES – Features writer
The wind was the apparent cause of a house fire on Schad Street in East Brewton on Monday, Oct. 24.
According to Lawton Shipp, a call came into the East Brewton Fire Department at 2:03 p.m. from a passerby who saw smoke and flames coming from the house at 107 Schad Street.
The home of William Trehern was unoccupied at the time. The fire department arrived at 2:09 p.m. and found the utility and attic were on fire.
It took the fire department about 10 minutes to bring the fire under control and, although there were no injuries, the attic sustained a lot of damage and a couple of rooms had water damage.

Email newsletter signup