WEDNESDAY UPDATE: Fire destroys house in Foshee community

Published 10:58 pm Wednesday, June 20, 2007

By Staff
Five volunteer fire departments responded Wednesday to a house fire on Wildfork Road in the Foshee community.
The house was a total loss, but no one was injured. Betty Adkison, who lives in the house with her two granddaughters, said she awoken by her cat and then smelled the smoke from the fire.
"We made sure both girls were outside and started grabbing some things from the house," Adkison's daughter Bette Simmons said.
The fire departments that responded to the blaze encountered several problems, volunteer firefighters said Wednesday. Two trucks broke down, and firefighters also had communication equipment problems.
For more information about the fire and the response, see Sunday's edition of The Brewton Standard.