Fires claim two homes

Published 3:54 am Wednesday, July 25, 2007

By By Lydia Grimes and Lisa Tindell – news reporters
Two fires in as many days have kept area firefighters tuned in to radios and telephones.
Brewton Fire Department employees responded to a fire just before 1 p.m. on Monday on Lewis Lane.
A mobile home, owned by Eugene Anderson, at 616 Lewis Lane was severly damaged as flames and fire filled the residence.
Weaver said indications show the fire may have been caused by a faulty window air conditioning unit.
The Brewton Fire Department responded with two trucks as well as the fire and rescue vehicle. No injuries were reported as a result of the blaze.
Just after 9 a.m. on Tuesday, the Appleton Volunteer Fire Department responded to a mobile home fire at 67 South Forty Lane in the Appleton community.
Ginny Tyler, volunteer firefighter with the department, said the home was fire and smoke.
Assisting at the scene of Tuesday's fire was the Brewton Fire Department as well as D.W. McMillan Ambulance Service. There were no injuries reported as a result of the incident.
The Appleton Volunteer Fire Department responded to the scen with two engines and their brush truck.

Email newsletter signup