New pier opens in Gulf Shores
Published 9:36 pm Monday, July 27, 2009
By By DAVID RAINER
Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
Now that the brand spankin’ new Gulf State Park Pier has opened with great fanfare, those with the opportunity to experience this modern marvel need to become familiar with the rules and regulations of the long-anticipated facility.
The rules and regulations are:
1. Limit of 4 rods per fisherman (additional rods brought will be charged $3.50 each).
2. No trolley fishing permitted.
3. Bottom fishing up-wind/up-current.
4. Float fishing down-wind/down-current.
5. Saltwater fishing license is required. Alabama residents may purchase a $5 annual pier license. Non-residents must purchase licenses according to reciprocal agreements with their state of residency.
6. Good conduct/sportsmanship required.
7. One crab basket per person (cannot be left unattended and you cannot crab and fish at same time).
8. Catch must be placed in container within 10 minutes.
9. No tackle and/or bait allowed on tables and benches.
10. Cut bait at cleaning tables or bait cutting tables only.
11. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
12. No standing or sitting on rails.
13. No jumping/diving off of pier.
14. No alcohol allowed on pier.
15. No cooking on pier.
The pier will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.