TALVIN CURRY BREWTON, ALA.
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Brother Talvin Curry was born Sept. 17, 1950 to the late Matthew Curry and the late Alice Virginia Amos Curry. He departed this life on Dec. 22, 2019 in a Pensacola, Fla., hospital. He was preceded in death by siblings, Henry Lee Curry and Eddie Lee Curry.
Talvin was a proud Vietnam Veteran in the U.S. Army. He was a member of the National Guard and served time in the Desert Storm Operation. Mr. Curry completed 26 years of active duty as a Corrections Officer at Fountain Correctional Facility in Atmore, Alabama.
He was a passionate, dedicated deacon at Pilgrim Travelers AOH Church of God in Georgiana, Ala.
He was united in Holy Matrimony on Sept. 25, 1971, (48 years) to one devoted, loving wife, Queenie Mae Green Curry. To this union three children were born.
He leaves to cherish his precious memories, a devoted wife, Queenie Mae Green Curry; one daughter, Crystal Curry Smith (Chris); two sons, Talvin Curry Jr. (Darly) and Maurice Curry (Connie); nine grandchildren, Lametrius Curry, Ladedderick Curry, Jacoby Curry, Addison Starks, Kobe Curry, Emonea Curry, Markeisha Curry, Marneicia Curry, and Miracle Curry; four great grandchildren, Zaedyn Curry, Paisley Curry, Aveyonna Curry and Lylah Thomas; one god-son, Joshua Moore; five brothers, Willie James Curry (Gloria) of Enterprise, Ala., Jimmy Lee Curry (Diane) of Andalusia, Ala., Timothy Curry (Pearlie) of Georgiana, Ala., Paul Curry (Mary) of Orlando, Fla. and Robert Curry of Orlando, Fla.; one sister, Betty Ndukuba of Ga.; and a host of nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends (two devoted, Gary Johnson and Anglina Simpson).
Funeral services were held for Mr. Curry, Tues., Dec. 31, 2019, at Mt. Moriah Baptist Church (902 Fletcher Road, Andalusia, Ala.), Reverend Willie Curry, Pastor and Dr. Shirley Still officiating.
Interment immediately followed at Mt. Moriah Church Cemetery with Military Honors.
Professional care and final arrangements were entrusted to Presley-Fluker Funeral Directors of Evergreen and Brewton, Ala.